Friday, December 18, 2009

12-18-09

I got my foob today, that is my actual breast prothesis. No more pillow stuffed pockets or foam thingees that shift around. I also got one grandma bra to put my foob in. They are going to order some different ones for me to come back and try on.

I have to admit, I cried on the way home from the foob store. This just feels and looks sooo much better. It conforms to my bumpy chest wall, it stays in place, it is so comfortable.

I keep having crappy things happening and trying to convince myself that it doesn't matter. I don't need a boob, I don't need hair, I don't need all this stuff that I don't have. I have worked hard to convince myself that without feeling need, without feeling robbed, I will feel less pain.

Today, I got a little something back. It feels good. I won't feel guilty for being superficial. Thanks universe, I needed a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment