Monday, January 18, 2010

1-18-10

Hopefully, I just had my last AC treatment. Chemo sucks, and that is all I have to say about that (with Forrest Gump accent).

The photographer was there, as was my Mom, didn't bother telling Mom I did a bald and boobless portrait as she can't even handle seeing me bald. So now there are pics of me being injected with shit that kills stuff in my body, the good stuff and the bad stuff. But the oncology nurse said my counts were good, my blood counts rebound nicely even if I feel like crap.

I had an interesting mental thing when we decided to take pictures of chemo. Even though this stranger has seen me bald, scarred, naked, boobless, weird looking, etc. it was not as personal as chemo is. Sharing chemo is...intimate. It makes me wonder how Mom is holding up since she insists on going with me, which I am thankful for.

Maybe that is why she buzzes around, making small talk with the patients and nurses, crochets and flips through magazines. She keeps her distance from what is happening. Or maybe I am just being dramatic. I wish I could nap through chemo like some do.

No comments:

Post a Comment