Friday, January 1, 2010

01-01-10

Happy New Year! The kids and I managed to stay awake until the ball dropped, which was quite a feat. Both of the kids are sickly, stuffy and snotty. I am all chemo-ed up. But I set an alarm for 10:30 PM and we were all awake to bring in the new year together.

So do I make New Years resolutions? I would like to stay alive, but I am not sure I get to be the boss of that. Whether I go down a jean size or keep my closet cleaner, well, that doesn't seem as important anymore. There is an interesting mindset, do I plan on living or do I plan on dying. Do I waste time thinking about goals that only matter if I live to a ripe old age. Or do I spend my time living like I was dying. The song sounds good, but it is really not practical to go sky diving and Rocky Mountain climbing if you are going to live a long time and need to build up your savings account.

Maybe chunks of goals are good, get through this round of chemo and find out what the PET scan says. Kind of like the Magic 8 Ball of cancer.

Good news is a new insurance year starts today! I keep getting bills for stuff they didn't cover since I went over my maximum treatments and the new year starts the ticker over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment