Friday, October 16, 2009

10-16-09

My amazing lizard like regenerating boob was removed yesterday, actually it was just a large hematoma, old blood that wasn't reabsorbing, but I had a decent C or B cup thing on my chest.

They let come home after the procedure so that was good. I slept through the night without feeling like I had a brick on my chest. This morning, I just have the drain and all the darn bandages. I hate, hate, hate tape.

So it feels similar to the post mastectomy without all the armpit pain. So I am going to think positive that my arm is in better shape and I can keep going with it and the chest stretches will follow shortly behind.

I am NOT going to worry that pushing the oncologist back two weeks will result in my untimely demise. Frankly, there is no advantage to worrying about that as there is nothing I can do about it. The oncologist won't start any treatment until I am healed from mastectomy and I have had this speedbump and it will all work out in the end.

Did I mention that my 10yo DD told me she doesn't like the term "Breast Cancer Survivor". She said that she doesn't want to think about the alternative and can not imagine that some people die from this when I seem pretty OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment