Sunday, October 18, 2009

10-18-09

Yesterday was OK, I did take 1/2 a pain pill every 4-5 hours, just thought I might try following doctor's instructions and see how that goes. Got the bandages off which was a long and complicated procedure but it got done. Took a shower, digestive system getting back on track, had some visitors and a mini-fight with my sister (but not going to waste time on that).

Little bit of redness at the re-incision site and around the drain and armpit is swelling again. I am ready to move on to the next challenge as this one is getting boring. But I know to be careful what I wish for as the surgical challenge may be a piece of cake compared to the onology challenge.

The mastectomy site is actually looking like a mastectomy site, flat, deflated but I have stretch marks that I developed from the hematoma and that would tick me off if I thought about it for awhile. You chopped off my darn boob and I still have stretch marks, what kind of deal is that. My hope is that since I had the hematoma and the stetching, I may have a little extra "play" in there for future tissue expanders and implants (trying to look on the bright side).

Being scared is worse that pain for me and the redness makes me scared. But it didn't get bigger overnight, so I will try not to worry about it. I do think I should schedule any future procedures for early in the week. Being acute post-op on the weekends unsettles my nerves, knowing getting to my doctor would be so much more involved during non-office hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment